Tj:Counting buy signals

I added a counter at the end of my trading system inorder to count the
number of buy signals that are generated buy the system specifically
related to the range settings , and also to check the validity of the
exrem functions.
filter=1;
AddColumn((Cum(Buy)),"buy",1);

I set Range : from 1/1/00 to: 4/26/02.

The first buy signal in the range specified above occured on 4/10/00,
but the counter has recorded 6 buy signals prior to the range settings,
Do these prior buy signals influence the backtest results ? Why are
there buy signals prior to the range settings, shouldn't the signals be
restricted to the range settings ?

Thank you in advance
Anthony