Re: Are your Composites accurate???

Herman,
I really donīt know how do you realise things.
Well, -1^10 is equal to 1.
[It acts like (-1)^10 because of priorities in operators**
[try Plot(-1^10,"",1,1);]
-1*10^10 is a huge negative number
Another Amibroker expression is -1e10, also negative enough.
Your formula was not correct, because it was excuding stocks with
open==1 from counting.[see previous mails to you]
DT
**Operator precedence and the parentheses
AFL supports parentheses in formulas.

Parentheses can be used to control the operation precedence (the
order in which the operators are calculated). AmiBroker always does
operations within the innermost parentheses first. When parentheses
are not used, the precedence is as follows (higher precedence listed
first):

No Symbol Meaning
1 ^ Exponentiation
2 - Negation - Unary minus
3 * Multiplication
4 / Division
5 + Addition
6 - Subtraction
7 < Less than
8 > Greater than
9 <= Less than or equal to
10 >= Greater than or equal to
11 == Equal to
12 != Not equal to
13 NOT Logical "Not"
14 AND Logical "And"
15 OR Logical "Or"
16 = Variable assignment operator

The expression

H + L / 2;
(without parenthesis) would be calculated by AmiBroker as "L / 2"
plus "H", since division has a higher precedence. This would result
in a much different value than

(H + L)/2;