Re: [amibroker] Viruses

Hi Avcinci,

Monday, April 29, 2002, 8:33:30 AM, you wrote:

A> Actually, I use ZoneAlarm and McAfee when using Outlook Express,
A> and I haven't had any problems so far. To be on the safe side,
A> maybe I should switch to Eudora Lite or something. Is that what
A> you use? Why is Outlook and Outlook Express more vulnerable to
A> viruses than other email clients?

Outlook Express and Outlook are particularly vulnerable, because they
are tied directly into IE, which for anticompetitive reasons of its
own MS has incorporated directly into the OS. This creates a virtual
superhighway for invaders and attackers, and so this is where most of
the e-mail attacks nowadays are aimed. By using one of these
clients, you are using something that crackers all over the world are
zeroing in on, because they know if they get past the gatekeeper they
are right smack into the OS. MS does try to update for security, but
it seems new exploits are discovered at least as quickly as old ones
are patched or defended against.

Best,

Yuki

mailto:yukitaga@x...