From: Herman van den Bergen [mailto:psytek@x...]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 5:39 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Equity curve .V. buy and hold

Hi Don,

This is indeed a very nice idea, it is great to place this indicator and
then step through your stocks in the stock tree - you can see at a glance
how many times you system exceed the B&H. Here is some code that you can
use:

TN = Cum( Buy OR Sell); // Trade Number
nOpen = Open/ValueWhen(TN == 1,Open); // Normalized Open price
Eq = Equity();
nEquity = Eq/ValueWhen(TN == 1,Eq); // Normalized Equity
Plot(nOpen,"nOpen",1,1);
Plot(nEquity,"nEquity",4,1);
Plot(nEquity/nOpen,"Ratio",6,1);
Title = "Normalized Charts: nEquity= RED,
nOpen = BLK, Ratio = BLU =" + WriteVal(nEquity/nOpen);
GraphXSpace = 5;

For some reason using the AB Equity function I only could display the last
two years, something wrong with my settings perhaps but it works fine with
another Equity() DLL I am using. See attached chart, use log scales else
your open price will look like a straight line when your equity is going up.

Thanks for the idea and good luck.
Herman.