>From:
<A title=RickParsons@xxxx
href="">Rick Parsons
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 5:06
PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] StochRSI

<FONT color=#000080
size=2>Al:
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
Steve Karnish
of CCT has posted a StoRSI in the Amibroker file section:  <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=76
<FONT color=#000080
size=2>
Are these
formulas the same?

<FONT face="Vladimir Script" color=#000080
size=5>Rick

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: avcinci
[mailto:avcinci@xxxx]Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 4:40
PMTo: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] StochRSIAll,An interesting
article by Thom Hartle appeared in the May issue of Active Trader
magazine. In it, he discussed combining the Stochastic and RSI intoone
indicator, called the StochRSI. The rationale is this:  oscillators
are most effective in non-trending markets because they oscillate above
and below the 30/70 lines where they correspond to swing highs and lows.
However, in trending markets, the oscillators often shift, skewing to
the low side in down markets and to the upside in up markets. To adjust
for that, Chande used the basic stochastic calculation but plugged in
RSI values for the price values. The result was an oscillator that did
not skew as the market trended. When the StochRSI is used in combination
with MACD, which shows a trend, the result gives apparently much clearer
buy and sell signals. I haven't coded the information into AFL yet,but
it seems quite straightforward. I'm sure Dimitris would be able to do it
in 5 minutes! Check out the article "When two oscillators are better
than one" by T. Hartle, Active Trader, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 48-53.
Al V.Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service. Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.