RE: [amibroker] Re:"ba-buy"

<FONT face="Lucida Console" color=#0000ff
size=2>As they say at our local AA meetings "take what you need and leavethe
rest".  Some traders want TA "proof", others are willing to at least
consider recommendations based on past performance and reputation of the
poster.  Different strokes for different folks.  Lets not step on
eachothers toes here.  Please.

Carlton
McEachernThe Crazy Canuck

I STARTED WITH
NOTHING.

I STILL HAVE MOST OF
IT.

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dtsokakis
[mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxx]Sent: 25 April, 2002 9:25
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re:"ba-buy"Steve,Counting is better than
talking.I will wait for your system gif.Untill then, I will repeat the
help code :"Select your group or watch list and run for All
quotations the simple but basic codeBuy=Cross(MACD(),0);//your buy
condition hereSell=Cross(0,MACD());//your sell condition
hereBuy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);AddToComposite(Buy,"~Buy","v");AddToComposite(Sell,"~Sell","v");Plot(Foreign("~Buy","V"),"Buy",1,1);Plot(Foreign("~Sell","V"),"Sell",4,1);In
your ind. builder paste the same code and see [and show to us perhaps] the
respective gif."Dimitris TsokakisPS The code works, as you or
anybody else may verify immediately. This is the way I understand the
dialogue for trading systems.There is a lot of mystery behind the code and
its implementation.The code, at least, may be simple and for popular
use.--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:> Dimitris,> > Thank you for you thoughtful
reply.  I believe there is ample evidence that> over the years
I have documented many of my posts.  During the time I>
conducted seminars (for MetaStock, E-Signal & various others), I
even> distributed 12 months worth of brokerage statements at some
of these events.> The fact is:  my last two posts did not
include the documentation that you> would like to see.  Some
will, some won't.  I'll let the overall quality of> my
contributions speak for me ... over a period of time.  I just thought
if> I was violating the nature of the forum, I would refrain from
future posts.> I'm new here (AB forum)and I'm trying to be a good
citizen.  As you know,> many forums have turned into "name
calling", degrading experiences.  I hope> this list neverhas
to deal with unpleasant posters.> > Take care,> >
Steve> www.cedarcreektrading.com> > > -----
Original Message -----> From: dtsokakis <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>>
To: <amibroker@xxxx>> Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 4:47
AM> Subject: [amibroker] Re:"ba-buy"> > > > Hi
Steve,> > The word [or the meaning] "refrain" was not included in my
message.> > For the case of misunderstanding, I did not sayto
refrain or not to> > refrain. It is up to you to do exactlywhat
you want.> > As you write,> > "I've always used a
well-documented approach"> > In your last two messages, there was a
total lack of any> > documentation and I suppose you agree.>
> This is something I do not like. The opinion is personal, I speak
for> > myself only. Many friends here have different opinion, as
you> > probably read in various messages. We participate in a
quite> > democratic list, we pay respect to any opinion and we may
have our> > own.> > I suppose as obvious that there is
nothing personal. i do not know> > you, my comments were for your
postings and the lack of> > documentation, not for you and the rest
of your job or experience.> > How should I comment something that I
ignore?> > AFL is friendly enough to help you express your ideas and
share them> > [if you want] with us.> > Until then,
you may ask any kind of AFL learning help. Be sure that> > you
will have first quality replies, like we have everyday.> > Thank you
for your reply,> > Dimitris Tsokakis> > --- In
amibroker@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:> > >
Dimitris,> > >> > > Maybe while I'm learning AB, I
will refrain from posting to this> > forum.  I"ve been an
active forum member of both Realtraders and> > MetaStock forumsfor
the last seven years.  During that time, I've> > posted an
abundance of indicators and system approaches.  Everyone on>
> those lists are familiar with my momentum oscillator approaches.
The> > Guppy site has some of my work (and I believe Tomaszhas
some on the> > AB site).. Also, I have publicly posted buy and
sell recommendations,> > nightly, for the past three years (free
for the taking).> > >> > > When an occurrence takes
place that is "out of the ordinary" (once> > every three years),
I like to share it with other traders.  Plain and> > simple
(no other reasons or motives).  If I have to statistically> >
defend a casual observation...it's not worth the my time to post.>>
I've managed money for over twenty five years and I've always used
a> > well-documented approach.  The other forums respondedwith
ohter> > credible individuals adding other casual
observations.> > >> > > I apologize if I've offended
you or others.  I'll just "chill out"> > until I convert
everything over to AB realtime.  In the meantime, E-> >
signal delivered their new version today..  And by the way,
Dimitris,> > could you "lose" the magenta background...it
offends my eyes> > >> > > Take care,> >
-----> > >   From: Dimitris Tsokakis> >
>   To: amibroker@xxxx> > >   Sent:
Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:23 PM> > >   Subject:
[amibroker] Re:"ba-buy"> > >> > >> >
>   Steve,> > >   Please make your life
[and research] easier and help common> > understanding.>>
>   Instead of reporting "haven't seen this many buy signalsin
a> > year" [wich is not> > >   quantitatively
clear and may be repeated many times], you could> > give usa
count> > >   of Buy/Sell as a daily function versus
time.> > >   Select your group or watch list and run
for All quotations the> > simple but basic code> >
here> > >> > >
Sell=Cross(0,MACD());//your sell condition here> > >> >
>   Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);> >

AddToComposite(Sell,"~Sell","v");> > >> >
>   Plot(Foreign("~Buy","V"),"Buy",1,1);> >

Plot(Foreign("~Sell","V"),"Sell",4,1);> > >> >
>   In your ind. builder paste the same code and see [and show to
us> > perhaps] the respective gif> > >
You will have a more clear picture of massive buys/sells and make>
> a first steady step to> > >   investigate some
possible reasons [seasonality, causality etc]> > >   It
does not teaches anything the "Buy MSFT" or "Sell MSFT"and, as>
> for myself, I do not like it.> > >   Do not be
affraid, the level of this site is quite advanced,> > people here
will understand your> > >   theory even if it is
complicated of sophisticated or [why not]> > genious.> >
>   Counting is the first step of statistics and, thanks
to> > Amibroker, we can count anything easily> >
>   with the unique and superb AddToComposite() function.>
> >   It is the primitive step of objectivity, and I suppose
you agree.> > >   I will appreciate your next
"AddToComposite" Step.> > >   Dimitris Tsokakis>
to the Yahoo! Terms of> > Service.> >> >>
subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>