RE: [amibroker] Re: To all AmiBroker users - Questions

I toldyou I
liked your messages.
<SPAN
class=050530603-24042002>
Pleasetell the
list when you learn that Greenspan is going to raise interest rates.  We
will not consider it inside knowledge because you will not be operating on his
brain at the time you learn about his intentions.  Get it?  "Inside"
knowledge.
<SPAN
class=050530603-24042002>
Ken

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Dr. S. Nathan Berger
[mailto:snberger@xxxx]Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:50
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
Re: To all AmiBroker users - QuestionsKen,I have
learned to be sure to count the number of )'s after an IIF statement and have
learned to be sure and close each argument with a ;   From Dimitris, I
have learned to watch out for code where a _ should be used instead of a -(I
suppose your advice here would be for me NOT to quit my day job.)I have
considered taking a course on programming, but then, by the time I finished, I
would be millions  of messages behind- as active as this group
is.Here's a suggestion: I could teach you to do brain surgery in
exchange for your teaching me how to program. What do you think? (BTW, brain
surgery is not my strongest suit, and the premiums for malpractice insurance are
extremely high.)
Imagine you are long 85% of your
portfolio off of an AB strategy and all ofa sudden the market changesand
your script seems to stop working AND theYahoo board goes down!!!
You want to make an adjustment, not just sell.What will you
do?I would NOT write a composite indicator, or an
array,  a PREV, or a <FONT color=#0000ff
face="Courier New, Courier">IIf
(StrLen<FONT
face="Courier New, Courier"> (<FONT color=#0000ff
face="Courier New, Courier">Name())
== 5<FONT
face="Courier New, Courier">, <FONT color=#ff00ff
face="Courier New, Courier">15,;
However,  Mr. Greenspan is a patient of mine. I would
call him!! (Gotcha)Best,NateYour
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.