>From:
mik954
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:42
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Declare variable
for future use: What about _javascript_?
Tomasz,I was wrong. You are not "absolutely" right
saying: "in ANY language you should not use a variable without
initializing it first."Not in ANY language. I forgot about scripting
languages like _javascript_ :)Mike--- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx..., "mik954" <<A
href="">mik-u@xxxx...> wrote:> Tomasz,>
> Sorry to bother you with this stupid question. You are absolutly
> right that "in ANY language you should not use a variable without
> initializing it first." But in AFL we deal with not scalar
variables, > but ARRAYS. So when I want to initialize array, in
fact I want to > initialize a "pointer" to array, not ALL ACTUAL VALUES
of array. > Right?> > Here is my idea in English:
> > Buy signal will be accepted only if previous ACTUAL trade in
the same > direction was a loss.> > Here is the code
which doesn't work:> > Buy = 0;> Sell = 0;>
tradeProfit = 0;> > Buy = longEntry and ValueWhen(Sell,
tradeProfit) < 0);> Sell = LongExit;> tradeProfit =
ValueWhen(Sell, SellPrice) - ValueWhen(Buy,  BuyPrice);>
> The problem is that ValueWhen(Sell, tradeProfit) always returns 0.
> May be because "initialization" of tradeProfit resets all previous
> values to 0.> > I guest something like this might
work:> > var Sell;> var tradeProfit;> > Buy
= longEntry and ValueWhen(Sell, tradeProfit) < 0);> Sell =
LongExit;> tradeProfit = ValueWhen(Sell, SellPrice) -
ValueWhen(Buy,  BuyPrice);> > > Thanks,>
Mike> > > > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz
Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> > Mike,> >
> > In fact in ANY language you should not use a variable without
> initializing it first.> > But as to the problem - it would
be better if you explain in plain > english> > what do
you want to achieve, then it will be possible to write the >
code.> > > > Best regards,> > Tomasz
Janeczko> > amibroker.com> > ----- Original Message -----
<amibroker@xxxx>> > Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 3:50
PM> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Declare variable for future use:
> Left/Right side of the formula> > > > >
> > Tomasz,> > > > > > Thank you for the links
describing AFL arrays.> > > > > > But I still don't
know how I can benefit from AMA/AMA2 functions > to > >
> fix my problem.> > > > > > The problem is how
to obtain a value from an array using ValueWhen> () > >
> function (on the right side of the formula) before >
setting/defining > > > this array on the left side of the
formala.> > > > > > In Excel I don't need to declare
any rows/columns: they are all > > > predefined. Therefore Ican
use any new row/column on the left > and > > > right side
of the formula at any time.> > > > > > As I
understand in AFL I CANNOT use an array on the right side of >the
> > > formula before using it on the left side.. That's my
PROBLEM. > > > > > > A simle fix would be usingsome
kind of declaration (var for > example, > > > like in
VB/JS Script) to allow using of array on the right side > of >
> > the formula.> > > > > > Thanks,>
> > Mike> > > > > > > > >
amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:> >
> > Mike,> > > > > > > > There are
numerous possibilities to reference previous value of > the
> > > indicator or any array.> > > > Please check
out <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.net/boards/viewtopic.php?>
t=81 > > > for the details.> > > > > >
> > Best regards,> > > > Tomasz Janeczko> >
> > amibroker.com> > > > ----- Original Message -----
> To: <amibroker@xxxx>> > > > Sent: Tuesday, April
23, 2002 2:15 AM> > > > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Declare
variable for future use: No > way in > > > AFL?>

Tomasz,> > > > > > > > > > You meanthat
I cannot use REF() function to get a previous > > > element
use a previous value of a > variable > > > to >
> > > workaround?> > > > > > > >
> > Thanks,> > > > > Mike> > > >>
amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> >
wrote:> > > > > > Mike,> > > > >>
uses only single-> pass > > > to > > > >
> process all bars.> > > > > > So if you assign a
value later in your code it will have no > > > effect
> > before.> > > > > > > > > >
> > Best regards,> > > > > > Tomasz
Janeczko> > > > > > amibroker.com> > >>
> > ----- Original Message ----- > > > > > > From:
"mik954" <mik-u@xxxx>> > > > > > To:
<amibroker@xxxx>> > > > > > Sent: Monday, April
22, 2002 6:13 PM> > > > > > Subject: [amibroker] Declare
variable for future use (was > TJ: > > > > > Actual
trade profit vs. Theoretical)> > > > > > > >
far no any response on my initial post (even on > > > direct
e-> > > > > > > mail to support@xxxx). It's weird.
Maybe my question > wasn't > > > > > > >
clear, or Tomasz was too busy.> > > > > > > >
way in > AFL to > > > > > declare > >>
> > > current > > > > > one?> >>
tradeProfit; // declare variable for future use> > > > >

href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> >  > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to > <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/