>From:
<A title=lcoetzer@xxxx
href="">Louw-Roux Coetzer
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2002 11:07
AM
Subject: [amibroker] DDE Link

Dear Tomasz

This is a tall order
;)

I appreciate your deal with
e-signal, but it is just to expensive for me.  I live in South Africa and
our currency is very weak...thus I have made another plan to update Forexdata
to AmiBroker...

The plan is as follows...There is a
site on the net <A
href="">www.metaquotes.com  these people
sell a program that downloads live forex data to their chart software...I
have downloaded another programme, a DDE application with VB 6 to
get the data from the metaquotes software and export it to Metastock 6.52
format  - which then obviously is set up as a live database in
AmiBroker....  a hell of a long story hey ?....but this is not what I
want ....I wish for you to help me with the following site rather as the
prices I will be charting will be the one's I can actually trade.  You
see there is a problem in updating charts with data from a different source
than that of the actual broker as the brokers have different quotes due to
fees added to the margin for example....thus it would be preferable to trade
with a broker and to also chart the graphs with their data
only....

I have opened a demo account for
free with www.fxcm.com ,downloaded the free
trading software and it works great...no problems so far until I start upthe
Java based graphs YUK they always lag or crash or whatever and very clearly
are almost useless when it comes to technical analysis....I want to use
AmiBroker for that....

So all I want help with is with the
writing of the DDE application to transfer the price details from the free
trading software to Excel...from there on I will sort it out to
ABroker....Please have a look at the site and the free software ... Actually
the main part I need help with is the actual calls to the trade software for
example in Excel I call the Metaquotes program as follows in a cell...to get
the last price for e.g.... I would enter the following
formula:    =MQ|LAST!USDCHF   this then directly
links to Metaquotes and gets me the price....I now just want to do this with
FXtrader from www.fxcm.com

If we can make this work, there
will be about 5 people here that will buy AmiBroker - they are all frustrated
with the Java setup and I have already demonstrated AmiBroker to them - they
were absolutely amazed - all that is left now is for us to get Forex datainto
it from a more affordable source.

Please, any help will begreatly
appreciated.

Kind regards

Louw Coetzer

PS: Thanks for the tip about my
dual registration for the group...I changed it and now only receive one of
each mail !Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.