Re: [amibroker] Re: hi i need help

Tomasz,

Thanks for quick response as usual. I'd like to
understand the mentioned function algorithm more
details.

-They all return ARRAY; I suppose their data ranges
are what in the chart (def. # of bars in database
setting?). Are they calculated starting first period
in chart. In AA, do they start at first period or
depending on the specification in the Range option.

SYNTAX zig(ARRAY, change )
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION Calculates the minimum % change Zig Zag
indicator. Caveat: this function is based on Zig-Zag
indicator and may look into the future - this means
that you can get unrealistic results when back testing
trading system using this indicator. This function is
provided rather for pattern and trend recognition
formulas.
EXAMPLE zig(close,5)

-from above description; is this calculated between
consecutive date.

SYNTAX trough(ARRAY, change, n = 1)
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION Gives the value of ARRAY n-th trough(s) ago.
This uses the Zig Zag function (see Zig Zag) to
determine the troughs. Caveat: this function is based
on Zig-Zag indicator and may look into the future.
EXAMPLE trough(close,5,1)

-from above Description; "n" is like the sub range
that the function uses to compute the trough from
within the entire range (ARRAY)?

Thanks.