Re: [amibroker] Intraday entries

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Intraday entries
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  • Date: 18 Apr 2002 20:37:39 -0000

Yaroll,

This is due to the fact that you are using Cross function.
I will refer to your original picture:
Let's analyse "situation 1"
On a day "1" a short signal occurred because Low crossed below Ref( Low, -1 )
but note the High price was higher than previous day high (H>Ref( H, -1 ) );

On the next day "day 2" you think that AmiBroker should generate an long entry
( H > Ref( H, -1 ) ) but it does not do that because there is NO CROSS here.
High > Ref( H, -1 ) but also Ref( H, -1 ) > Ref( H, -2 ) !!!!

Cross would generate a signal only if previous day relationship between prices
was opposite.

This happens where green arrow is shown.

You need to modify your rule to:
Buy = High > Ref(High,-1);
Sell = Ref(Low,-1) < Low;

if you want to work it in a way you described. (you may add Exrem statements if you don't want to
see extra arrows)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com