EMA

Dear Tomasz

Could you please tell me exactly how AmiBroker goes
about calculating the Exponential Moving Average...especially the smoothing
factor it uses...

Currently I'm using this
formula:

    ( Today's close * X1 )+( Yesterday's Moving Average *
X2 )

Where X1 and X2 are the smoothing factors
calculated as follows:

n =  The period of the EMA e.g. 10
days
s =  Smoothing Factor

X1 = 2 / (n + s)
X2 = s - X1

When I run this formula on say 20 day's ofdata
from a specific share and compare it to the EMA calculation in AB, I find a
difference...thus there must be a difference in the calculations AB uses...I
need this to compile a possible solution to my previous e-mail concerning
MACD/Price matrix creation.

Kind regards

Louw Coetzer