>From:
<A title=tradeshark@xxxx
href="">tradeshark@xxxx
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 9:50
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Importingfrom
MS
Bill, I think, Yahoo offers historical data for download only
for US Stocks and indices. Albeit, the daily data could work - maybe Yuri
knows better what these signs mean : <A
href="">http://quote.yahoo.co.jp/regards---
In amibroker@xxxx..., "wavemechanic" <<A
href="">wd78@xxxx...> wrote:> Yuki:> >
You can update your MS files from Yahoo with appropriate software.
There are a number available, including dCenter which will pickup the
historical CSI data, or daily Reuters data, if the historical is not
yet available.  This particular program operates through DownLoader
so it maintains whatever groupings you currently use for your MS data
folders.> > Bill>   ----- Original Message
----- >   From: Yuki Taga >   To: Tomasz
Janeczko >   Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 9:06
AM>   Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Importing from MS>
> >   Hi Tomasz,> >   Tuesday,
October 23, 2001, 9:46:52 PM, you wrote:> >   TJ> I
will consider adding the feature suggested by you.>
>   Thank you very much.  And to answer tradeshark about
*why* I'd like>   this, I'll explain.>
>   I do it all by hand.  There is no service I know of
in Japan that>   supports updating MS files, or AB
files.  And I've asked MS about it,>   too, and
spent more time in search of a service like this than I
care>   to remember.> >   So, I
have a universe of stocks that I update each day by hand.>
However, I don't actively trade but a subset of this universe.
That>   subset can change composition, of course.>
>   Now, you might be interested to know that we have a lunch
break of 90>   minutes here in Tokyo.  During that
time, I update the subset, but>   not the entire
universe.  I also update the subset 15 min prior to>
the close.  After the close I update the entire universe.  Been
doing>   it this way for a long, long time.
(^_^)> >   So, I'd like to import only the updated
subset from MS at lunch and>   prior to the close.
Then after the close import the entire universe>   after
I've updated it.> >   One solution would be to make a
separate folder in MS for the subset.>   However, ifyou
then copy updated data files into that folder (after>
updating the entire universe) you get "Last Date" errors in MS.
If>   you copy both the master and emaster in there too,
you don't have the>   last date problem of course, but
now you have an entire universe>   instead of a subset.
If you don't copy anything into the subset>   folder, you
have simply added to your workload, needing to update>  both
the universe and the subset.  See the problem?>
>   Again, it's not a huge deal, but if Tomasz can add the
ability to>   make my life easier without making his too
difficult, that would be>   great.>
>   Thanks all,> >   Yuki>
>   P.S. tradestation, what I mean by running scripts is
actually using>   .cmd (.bat in 9x) files to executecopy
commands.> >   For example, putting something like
this in a .cmd file and then>   executing it via a
shortcut:> >   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\cyclot~1\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\plain\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\japan\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\weekly\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\williams\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\weekly~1\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\aofast~1\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\test\>   copy m:\metast~1\master\*.*
m:\metast~1\72\> > > >    >
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/------------------------