From: "server not recognized" <winchp@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 6:44 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Candlestick-Analyzer
> Typical goddam yank.  Arrogant, insular and isolationist.
>
> As if the world revolves around the DJ!  Schesh.  Is it
any wonder people plaster your buildings over the sidewalk?

> Now I've got that off my chest.., in Steve Nisons book, "Japanese
Candlestick  Charting techniques" he investigated candlesticks
in
> 1987 and first published in 1990.  He says centuries old technique
very little known in west, in fact hardly anything in English
> before 87.  So this standard reference text is about the ancient
Japanese rice market, adapted to the Japanese stock market by
> Japanese.  Then translated into English and published.
Not once are any of the combinations backtested.  A good few examples
of
> what they look like in a chart performing how they are supposed to
work, but no substantial evaluation of success.  So is it not
> unreasonable to first check the validity?  I think in AB it
would be dead simple to access a score for each formation included and
> backtest.  I know that a commercial group has done exactly this
and discovered that the results are less than great, and
re-casting
> the formations was necessary and the substance of their commercial
offering.

> As an approach to trading I think pattern seeking is fine, I'm only
suggesting that the proper care and caution be applied before
> using them with real money.
>
> Now if, we can avoid the facetiousness in future we'll all be better
off.

to the 17th century?  Yahoo doesn't go back that far.

> > -TM
> >
> > server not recognized wrote:
> >
> > > I take your comments in good humour Dimitri, but I  have
read of recent formations only being about 40% successful i.e
> consistent
> > > with what they were supposed to do.  Others were completely
contrarian, either indicating irregularly or completely the
opposite
> of
> > > what they were supposed to indicate.
> > >
> > > I'd therefore suggest a back test count on each before simply
accepting them.

but it's in work and
optimize the formula
or MRI, any
winning system.

Sponsor

Terms of

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site:
encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM