>From:
server
not recognized
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 2:44
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re:
Candlestick-Analyzer
Typical goddam yank.  Arrogant, insular and
isolationist.As if the world revolves around the DJ!
Schesh.  Is it any wonder people plaster your buildings over the
sidewalk?Now I've got that off my chest.., in Steve Nisons book,
"Japanese Candlestick  Charting techniques" he investigated candlesticks
in1987 and first published in 1990.  He says centuries old technique
very little known in west, in fact hardly anything in Englishbefore
87.  So this standard reference text is about the ancient  Japanese
rice market, adapted to the Japanese stock market byJapanese.  Then
translated into English and published.  Not once are any of the
combinations backtested.  A good few examples ofwhat they look like
in a chart performing how they are supposed to work, but no substantial
evaluation of success.  So is it notunreasonable to first check the
validity?  I think in AB it would be dead simple to access a score for
each formation included andbacktest.  I know that a commercial group
has done exactly this and discovered that the results are less than great, and
re-castingthe formations was necessary and the substance of their
commercial offering.As an approach to trading I think pattern seeking
is fine, I'm only suggesting that the proper care and caution be applied
beforeusing them with real money.Now if, we can avoid the
facetiousness in future we'll all be better off.P-----
Original Message -----From: "Tom McDaniel"
<tmtempe@xxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 12:28
PMSubject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Candlestick-Analyzer>
Hmmmm.  Does anyone have a data source for the Dow Jones back to the17th
century?  Yahoo doesn't go back that far.>>
-TM>> server not recognized wrote:>> > I take
your comments in good humour Dimitri, but I  have read of recent
formations only being about 40% successful i.econsistent> >with
what they were supposed to do.  Others were completely contrarian, either
indicating irregularly or completely the oppositeof> > whatthey
were supposed to indicate.> >> > I'd therefore suggest a
back test count on each before simply accepting them.> >>
From: "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>> > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Saturday, October 06,
2001 2:58 AM> > Subject: [amibroker] Re:
Candlestick-Analyzer> >> > > Well, well...>>
> Yuki is trading 30 years, you are 300 year trader, I think it is
the> > > proper time to move to a newbies rock+roll T/A
site...> > > DT> > > --- In amibroker@xxxx, "server
not recognized" <winchp@xxxx> wrote:> > > > Tom,>
formation because I recall they> > > don't work like they did in
the 17th century.> > > >> > > > P>>
amibroker@xxxx> > > >   Sent: Friday, October 05,
2001 11:03 PM> > > >   Subject: [amibroker]
Candlestick-Analyzer> > > >> > > >>
> > >   Hi,> > > >> > >
>   Here's my formula for candlestick-detecting, but it's inwork
and> > > also not complete and not optimized.> > >
>   If anyone of you are interested to share and optimize the
formula> > > with me, i'm happy.> > >
>   After them, i work on a trading system with CCI or MRI,
any> > > overbought/oversold indicator, volume and the
candlestick analyzer.> > > >   I think it's oneof
the best way to make a good winning system.> > > >>
> > >   Thanks for your help> > > >>
> > >   Tom Supera> > > >> >>
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor> > > >> > > >> > >
to the Yahoo! Terms of> > > Service.> > >>

href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

>> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>>>>
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.