Re: [amibroker] Re: Candlestick-Analyzer

Typical goddam yank. Arrogant, insular and isolationist.

As if the world revolves around the DJ! Schesh. Is it any wonder people plaster your buildings over the sidewalk?

Now I've got that off my chest.., in Steve Nisons book, "Japanese Candlestick Charting techniques" he investigated candlesticks in
1987 and first published in 1990. He says centuries old technique very little known in west, in fact hardly anything in English
before 87. So this standard reference text is about the ancient Japanese rice market, adapted to the Japanese stock market by
Japanese. Then translated into English and published. Not once are any of the combinations backtested. A good few examples of
what they look like in a chart performing how they are supposed to work, but no substantial evaluation of success. So is it not
unreasonable to first check the validity? I think in AB it would be dead simple to access a score for each formation included and
backtest. I know that a commercial group has done exactly this and discovered that the results are less than great, and re-casting
the formations was necessary and the substance of their commercial offering.

As an approach to trading I think pattern seeking is fine, I'm only suggesting that the proper care and caution be applied before
using them with real money.

Now if, we can avoid the facetiousness in future we'll all be better off.