Re: A Puzzell: Otimize winning %

Dear Tomasz,
For many applications it would be wonderful
to optimize and have user defined columns.
(not exclusively related to buy-sell conditions
and profits results)
Example:I try to estimate total stochd O/S time
for various O/S levels (say 35 to 10, step 5) and
find the proper level that gives 10% total O/S time.
In other words, mathematically speaking, to be able
to solve through optimization, first degree equations
in Amibroker world.
(For now we mostly concern with identities)
Will it be possible for the future ?
If someone wants to find the sqrt(2), there are some
artificial techniques, but there is a simple and frienly
procedure:Since he knows that 1<sqtr(2)<2, he may
try all numbers from 1 to 2, step 0.1 or any other and
get sqrt(2) at desirable accuracy.
Archimedes, at 200 B. C. invented this method and
clearly understood that there is no reason for the
"exact"-mania of Euclidean predecessors.
For him the relation
3 1/7<pi<3 10/71
was a perfect way to know and use pi and then apply
exaustion method to increase accuracy at any level.
Ancient Greeks stopped evolution because of "asymmetry".
Newton and Leibnitz received Archimedes message with
a 17 centuries delay and reopened this wide door to "homo sapiens".
Since with optimization we follow the same old Archimedean path,
is it possible to extend its use beyond profit results?
It will change the way we think in Amibroker Logic.
Best Regards
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The solution is:
> 1. Run the optimization
> 2. Export result list to CSV file.
> 3. Load it to Excell
> 4. Create a new column with # of winners divided by #of loosers
> 5. Sort by this new column.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

identifing/predicting