Re: Float Analysis

Hi Peter,
The sum of volumes for the last n days is sum(v,n)
Since n is unknown, you may use an alternative
lastvalue(cum(v))-cum(v) which for any day gives
sum(v,n) whithout use of n
Your condition is
FLOAT=...;
COND1=LASTVALUE(CUM(V))-CUM(V)>FLOAT;
Then use this condition truth to calculate any
quantity Q through VALUEWHEN(COND1,Q)
HIGHESTSINCE(COND1,Q), LOWESTSINCE(COND1,Q)
etc.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Peter Gialames" <investor@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Tomasz,
>
> I am trying to code a volume analysis function similar to Steve
Woods idea.
> This is a "backward cumulative count of the volume ... studied in
relation
> to a stock's floating supply of shares."
>
> Now float is a variable found in Quotes Plus that is easily
accessible via

> <%
> CInfo = new ActiveXObject("QuotesPlus.CompanyInfo");
> CInfo.Symbol = AFL("ticker");
> try
> {
> AFL("Float") = Number( CInfo.Float() );
> }
> catch( e )
> {
> AFL("Float") = 0;
> }
> %> //->Thanks Steve Wiser
>
> Now that we have the Float we need to accumulate volume, on a day
to day
> basis, backwards until the accumulated volume is greater than the
float
> (volume turnover). This is our starting date.
>
> From this date we need to find the highest high and the lowest low
over this
> period of time and draw channel lines (horizontal line over highest
high and
> horizontal line over lowest low).
>
> Now where I am stuck is on how to accumulate the volume backwards.
AFAIK