Relative Sttrength

I have a group of 5 mutual funds and I want to rotate into the
strongest fund base on relative strength. When I use the "relstrength
("^spx")" in exploration I get results that seem to be a direct
correlation to the ticker close price. I expected a positive number
in MRS if I was outperforming the index and a negitave one for under
performance. The largest MRS should be the fund that is out
performing the S&P by the largest margin. Can someone explain how AB
calculates RS? I think I need to add some more code to get where I
want but I need to understand the relstrength calculation first.

Thanks
John Pyle

Here is the code:

//**********Calculations
Periods = 28;

RS=relstrength("^spc");
MRS=EMA(RS,14);
RSChange=MRS-ref(MRS,-Periods);

Filter = Close >0;
NumColumns = 3;
Column0 = Close; Column0Name = "Close"; Column0Format=1.2;
Column1 = MRS; Column1Name = "MRS"; Column1Format=1.2;
Column2 = RSChange; Column2Name = "RSChange"; Column2Format=1.2;

Scan/Exploration Results:
Ticker,	Date,	Close,	MRS,	RSChange
FSPHX,	9/10/01, 126.02, 1629.87, 113.15,
FSVLX,	9/10/01, 47.83, 643.15,	8.23,
FSELX,	9/10/01, 43.19, 598.78,	-12.14,
FDCPX,	9/10/01, 33.61, 462.52,	-24.58,
FSESX,	9/10/01, 25.58, 332.23,	-19.03,