Re: [amibroker] Re: Referencing custom indicators in back testing

Hi DIMITRIS,

DT> You wrote:
DT> "if I create a custom indicator called DSS"
DT> Well, did you create DSS first?

Yes, I created it, of course. But perhaps we are not clear on
exactly where this was created. It was created in Indicator Builder.

DT> Example:
DT> Suppose that DSS is the average of stochk() and stochd()
DT> then
DT> DSS=0.5*(STOCHK()+STOCHD());
BUY=DSS>>30;
SELL=DSS>>70;

Try this one:

DSS =

Slw = 3;
Pds = 10;
A = Ema((Close -LLV(Low,Pds))/(HHV(H,Pds)-LLV(L,Pds)),Slw)*100;
Graph0 = Ema((A-LLV(A,pds))/(HHV(A,Pds)-LLV(A,Pds)),Slw)*100;

Suppose I want to put this all in the panel that defines buy and sell
rules for the back tester. From what I have read, the semicolons
after '3' and '10' are going to make the AFL language throw a fit.

So, how do I do this? As Steph wrote, there is apparently no way to
call a custom indicator as a function, a la MS. But I doubt if
anyone would look twice at AB if there was no way to get this job
done.

But I can't figure out how to do it, and the docs use extremely
simple examples of built in functions that are little or no help to
me.

Yuki ^_^