>From:
<A href=""
title=lcoetzer@xxxx>Louw Coetzer
To: <A
href=""
title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 4:43
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Metastock
Updates

Hallo
All....

Please can someone help me with the folowing
problem:

I have changed over to a new data supplier and
have set up a new database with the correct sectors and industry codes by
changing the broker industries/sectors files....it went well until
there.

The database I bought is a metastock onefor 5
years....when I choose the metastock import icon it takes me to the import
screen....here I brows to the first master file on the cd ( the cd has many
folders eg....Financials, Industrials Unit Trusts, etc...) and choose
it.   Unfortunately there is also an option on this screen to import
to "group" and "watchlist".  the "watchlist" option is blank and the
"group" option has " 255"  entered into it....there is no way it seems to
disable this option...thus after the import, all shares are listed in the
"groups" "255" section which is not what I want...as well as under the "All"
section....

Questions:
How d I disable the options in the import
function ?
How do I automaticaly distribute the shares to
the already created Industries ? ( like with ASCII you can use a script
refering to the industry codes in the ascii update file, no such luxaries in
the metastock update files it seems )
Please help....

Kind regards

Louw CoetzerYour