Re: [amibroker] Wish List query

Dear John,

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> In some future (near?) release do you plan to add functions into AFL to
> allow a modular style of programming e.g. call other AFL functions? (like
> fml() in Metastock). I could not see this one in the lastest Wish List

Yes I plan to improve the AFL engine not only to basic-fml()-level,
but also to allow declaring and calling functions WITH parameters,
real DO-WHILE, FOR loops and calling external COM objects.

Since this stuff is pretty complicated (especially if you don't
want to break all existing AFL code :-)) it will be implemented
in steps. At this point I can not give you exact dates but
gradually we are approaching this target.

> A part way simple solution (and useful in its own right) which would cut out
> a lot of repetitive AFL editing would be a simple include directive feature
> in AFL
>
> e.g. #include filename

Yes includes are also planned.

Best regards,