Re: [amibroker] Pivot Point

At 08.42 23/06/2001, Peter Carr used the keyboard to type what follows:

I notice you posted a correction to your formula for the S2 variable. I
was wondering your reasons for changing this - your original formula was
the same as mine, which I obtained from a website (that I cannot
remember offhand), but I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

Well, when I've searched information about pivot point I've always found
this kind of formula:

Pivot Point (High + Low + Close)/3

Resistance 1 = (2 * Pivot) - Low
Support 1 = (2 * Pivot) - High

Resistance 2 = Pivot + (Resistance 1 - Support 1)
Support 2 = Pivot - (Resistance 1 - Support 1)

I think it's more logical than the previous one I've posted.

If its any use to you, I post my commentary below. It's still at its
most basic, open to further improvements and some code may need
adjusting as it was obtained from general newsgroup discussions.

Thank you, I'll try it.

Best regards,
Tiziano.