Stock specific scan

Is there a way to filter the stock ticker within AFL?

I am trying to write one daily scan routine that incorporates all my
different scans. Since some of the scans look at all the stocks in
my database I don't want to filter any out using the "Apply to"
selection.

However, several of the scans only look at the S&P500 or NDX. Is
there a way to check the ticker name within AFL? It seems like name
() should do the trick, but I only get errors. Here's what I'm
using: rightstock=name()==SP-500;

Thanks in advance,

Schildroth