>From:
Jack
Weinberg
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:19
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] DigestNumber
314
Dear TJ: I would like to thank you again for includingin
your latest release the ability to go short and/or long at a certain price. I
have been waiting for this for some time, and I appreciate that you have put
it in. Along the same lines, I would like to suggest the capability to buy (or
sell) a user specified number of shares, for each occurence of the
buy/sell/short/cover. Another question: I have been testing a system,
which shows the following in the summary report:

Total net profit:
811.16

Total commissions paid:
450.00

Return on account:
8.11 %

Open position gain/loss
86.85

Buy-and-hold profit:
373.98

Bars in test:
149

Buy-and-hold % return:
3.74%

System to Buy-and-Hold index:
116.90%

This shows a total net profit of 811.16. However, the trade by trade list
adds up to:724.30, as the following shows:

Trade
Entry date
Exit date
Net Profit
Equity value

Long
2000/12/22
2001/01/03
886.05
10886.05

Long
2001/01/10
2001/01/11
184.44
11070.49

Long
2001/01/24
2001/01/26
-153.99
10916.51

Long
2001/01/29
2001/01/31
-74.68
10841.83

Long
2001/02/02
2001/02/05
134.20
10976.02

Long
2001/02/20
2001/02/22
-587.38
10388.65

Long
2001/02/27
2001/02/28
-159.34
10229.31

Long
2001/03/07
2001/03/12
-709.24
9520.06

Long
2001/03/14
2001/03/20
-157.23
9362.83

Long
2001/03/27
2001/04/02
-106.61
9256.23

Long
2001/04/03
2001/04/09
-214.28
9041.95

Long
2001/04/10
2001/04/18
896.10
9938.05

Long
2001/04/24
2001/04/26
135.28
10073.33

Long
2001/05/01
2001/05/03
118.19
10191.52

Long
2001/05/08
2001/05/22
532.78
10724.30

Question: is there an inconsistency between the report and the trade by
trade listing, or am I just not reading it correctly?
Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.