Re: YAHOO downloader, automatic download

John,

I found the URL get program yesterday and I've made it work. I did
have to make a change to the script (Yahoo.js) for it to work for me
though. I changed the line with DownloaderPrg in it to read:

DownloaderPrg = "C:\\Yahoo\\URLGet.exe";

This change added the path to the line where the program is. Be sure
to put the program there. The double \\ are needed because of the
script language.

You also need to check/change the line for the Ticker symbol you want
to check in the script file. I replaced ^NDX with JAVLX because I'm
downloading mutual fund data with the routine.

Further down in the script (line 67 for me) you'll see a line very
similar to this:

AmiBroker.Import( 0, filename, "aqd mutual
funds.format" );

(this line is supposed to be all on one and may word wrap in the
email)

Be sure the name in the quote marks is the name of the format style
you desire. I changed mine to the above to get mutual fund instead
of stock data.

I then ran the script with the database open that I wanted to put the
data into. When the script completed, I still had to import the data
into the database though. This part was not automatic as I thought
it would be.

I hope this helps you solve the problem Johan,

Regards,

Brett