Re: Populate Database.exe

Johan,

Sorry, I cannot help you with either of your latest questions.
Perhaps Tomasz would know. Why would it be important to you to add
or delete a few stocks? I would think with 9,600 plus to pick from,
you could find something you like! There is a function in Amibroker
for cleaning up the database....not sure exactly what it is based on,
but if I were to guess, I would think it would maybe delete, or ask
you to delete, those stocks that are not getting updated on a regular
basis....that is perhaps stocks that are no longer active?

Larry

Larry

--- In amibroker@xxxx, GEERTS.JOHAN@xxxx wrote:
> Hello Larry, Jim, Steve, ...
>
> Thanks for the support. After all, with your support, it was a
piece
> of cake.
>
> Larry, I think everything was sorted correctly but I had the
> same "problem" you had, as described in the instructions.
>
> Maybe you can help me with my other problems:
>
> 1. For automatic download, I installed the URLGet program and
> downloaded the Yahoo downloader script as presented in AmiBroker
> Tips, Issue 6/2001, but when I run the script, the following
message
> appears :
> "The database currently loaded into AmiBroker does not have ^NDX.
So
> I guess this is not correct database. Update failed."
> What did I do wrong?
>
> 2. Now I have a complete database with all US stocks, but is there
> website where I can get information about new stocks and deleted
> stocks or do I have to check it once in a while in a newspaper
> or ...? So, where can a find the current stocks in the markets?
>
> I hope you understand my badly expressions.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Johan
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, acs64@xxxx wrote:
> > Johan,
> >
> > That is right. Sorry, forgot that Notepad does not have the
> capacity
> > to take this large a database. Wordpad is the right one to use.
> > When your Amibroker was populated, did it sort correctly by
sector,
> > industry and market? Did it populate in one continuous operation
> or
> > did you have the same problem I did as I described in the
> > instructions? For you information and others, the .csv file that
> has
> > all the tickers in it also has numbers associated with them.
These
> > numbers are to properly sort the stocks by market, sector and
> > industry. They have nothing to do with stock prices.
> >
> > Larry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, ontherail@xxxx wrote:
> > > Johan - First, create a new file named Stocks.txt. Don't use
> > > Notepad, use Wordpad. Open Stocks.txt up in Wordpad, then go to
> > edit
> > > and select Paste Special. In the combo box select unformated
> text
> > (I
> > > think its the last choice), NOT the Excel format choice. You
> > should
> > > be able to get them all pasted this way. Then just save the
file
> > and
> > > close Wordpad. Now re-name Stocks.txt to Stocks.tls. Hope
this
> > > helps. Regards, Jim Byrd

> memory
> > is