Re: Populate Database.exe

Johan - First, create a new file named Stocks.txt. Don't use
Notepad, use Wordpad. Open Stocks.txt up in Wordpad, then go to edit
and select Paste Special. In the combo box select unformated text (I
think its the last choice), NOT the Excel format choice. You should
be able to get them all pasted this way. Then just save the file and
close Wordpad. Now re-name Stocks.txt to Stocks.tls. Hope this
helps. Regards, Jim Byrd

--- In amibroker@xxxx, GEERTS.JOHAN@xxxx wrote:
> Larry,
>
> I've already tried to copy and paste Column A into Notepad, but I
> become a message that tells me I can't do it, because the memory is
> to little. I only can copy from A to DOW. I use a Pentium III
> 800Mhz with 128 MBram, could that be the reason?
>
> Thanks for your support
>
> Johan
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, acs64@xxxx wrote:
> > Johan,
> >
> > Very simple. First make a directory under Amiquote folder and
call
> > it something like US Stocks. Then go to the
> > Tick_MktID_Name_IndID.csv file that you unzipped and open it in
> > Excel. Copy column A (the ticker symbols) then paste it into
> > Microsoft Notepad and save the file under the newly created US
> Stocks
> > folder with a .tls extension (you might just call the file
> > stocks.tls). Then start Amiquote, go to the US Stocks folder and
> > open the stocks.tls file and download from Yahoo. Make sure the
> > first time you select historical quotes, and since the database
is
> > over 9,600 stocks, you might want to consider not having too long
> of
> > a history. That might depend on the computer you have. Maybe
one
> or
> > two years.....It should take quite awhile to download that much
> > historical data so be prepared to wait. After it is finished
> > (several hours maybe), open Amibroker, go to file, import Ascii,
> > select files of type .aqh (historical), go to the US Stocks
folder
> > and all the files should appear. Go to the last stock, hold down
> the
> > shift key and click on the last stock. All stocks should then be
> > highlighted. That should do it. Good luck.
> >
> > Larry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, GEERTS.JOHAN@xxxx wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I've just setup a database with the file "Populate
> Database.exe".
> > It
> > > was a piece of cake, even for me, really a great job from
Larry.