Re: [amibroker] Steady Movers

Thanks P

Everyone of your credo's is part of my trading rules :)

I was just trying to work out what curve fitting really is
I think its where you develop a system around every move of a stocks prior
performance .

What im trying to understand is to what level do you have a system that
suits a certain stock or type of stock ?

Here's a simple example XXX stock has backtested to perform well with the
mov 10 , 30 cross but shows poor results over a portfolio test ,
Do I forget it and look for something that suits a wider range of stocks
or keep it just for that stock , if I do is this regarded as curve fitting ?

That was a simple example it would mostlikely be several indicators that
when combined show good results .

I should know the answer having read may times about it but it just wont
sink in :))

Thanks David