Re: [amibroker] Vertical Lines

Hi all,

What a great idea TJ..:))

I would love to hear how some of the more
experience T/A traders back test there theories.

What time spans do the use eg  bull cycles
verse bear cycles
What results would they deem acceptable
eg.

        What % win/lose.

        How should it compare to say longer term
holdings.

        How do they decide that time has expired
that particular indicator
        or method .

I could write a whole list of items but you get the
picture ?

As most of you would know in relatively new to tech
analysis
switching from broker fundamental
recommendations ( he told me what to buy and I said yes or no ).

After becoming dissatisfied with the results I
discovered T/A,
I can remember at the time think wow this looks
easy buy a expensive program (s) and it will tell me when to trade
:).

Well stop LOL you lot,

as I soon found out that wasn't the case after
playing with ms for a while I found it very user unfriendly ...

It wasn't my desire to learn T/A I just wanted a
better more independent way to trade.
Then I stumbled across AB  whilst it didn't
teach me T/A,  it addressed the short falls that annoyed me in MS and

A developer who listened to users concernsand
idea's fuelled my desire to learn more about T/A

In that learning process I bounce idea's and
thoughts off the group hoping some of the more experienced users will set me
straight or put me on the right path, it is unreasonable to expect TJ to answer
every single email/ post and continue to develop AB at the current pace
.

As AB doesn't have 10,000 users and a staff of
100's it requires users to help develop it and its member base ..

This is also why I post lots of questions and
requests re sharing code etc
it not only helps me learn but others as well
..

Hmm rambling again

so lets cut to the chase ..

I see AB as an excellent program and worthy of user
support
 The list has grown considerably as of late I
suspect there are many experienced users sitting in the
wings.
wave , server and other please take TJ request
for help re newsletters   as a complement to your skills and
add to the group (not saying that you haven't already) .

TJ I hope I'm not out of line here if i amplease
 let me know ?

Regards David
        <FONT face=Arial
size=2>