>From:
Dr. S.
Nathan Berger
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: NASDAQ
download
Bill-I have attached the *.tls I am currently using
to this reply. When Thomazfirst set up AmiQuote, it was tied into Yahoo,
so what I am downloading isbased on his original configuration. I simply
start AmiQuote, select thisTLS, and everything else happens without any
further input from me.Here's where it gets tricky: Once you have
downloaded the historical data,go into AmiBroker. Select File, then Import
Wizzard. Select all the AQHfiles you have just downloaded by going tothe
very last fund in the file,hold down the shift key and click on it with
your mouse. All of the AQHfiles will be highlighted. Click Open. Click
Next. You will see the DefineFields screen. In column 1, enter
DMY   In column 2, enter CLOSEFor all other columns, enter
SKIP.  Click Next. Click Finish. Voila',you've got it!Of
course, to view your results, you will have to manually enter eachsymbol
into a ticker list in AmiBroker, but that will give you what you
seek.Remember, however, that all the formulae you use which rely on
volume,high/low data etc. will not respond properly because you cannot get
suchinformation for mutual funds.Hope this works for you.
NateAt 08:13 AM 5/25/01 -0400, you