Parabolic SAR problem

Hi,

As per previous post I am having problem using SAR to trigger
buy/sell conditions. I believe that it is because I do not understand
the condition that the internal SAR function changes state.

I would like to be able to set a 'buy stop' or 'sell stop' order for
tomorrow based on the value of the SAR today.

My understanding is that the SAR changes state when the price
penetrates the SAR value, but this does not appear to be the case
with the internal function.

Please help,

Thanks

Cliff Elion