[Fwd: Re: Critique me, please]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Critique me, please
From: "Dr.S.Nathan Berger" <snberger@xxxx>
To: snberger@xxxx

Dear Hal-

Be glad to check your list out, but perhaps also be able to "expand
horizons" for you and other members.

Like you, I prefer to maintain a relatively small stable of stocks, never
more than 50 or 60 (and usually less). Like you, I prefer to take trades in
stocks that will move up quickly, and then get stopped out on rather tight
trailing stops.

This approach, however, requires an ever changing stable, so I thought to
share with you and others an approach that consistantly yields me a good
list of candidates.

Most of my best picks come from exploring at
http://quotes.freerealtime.com/dl/frt/startpage

Especially go to INSIGHT/Discovery Stocks- or -
MARKETS/Red Chip Radar

You may have to register to get to these, but registration is free, and the
data available is certainly worth the effort.

Another valuable address is http://www.moneycentral.com

This site allows you not only to access the best and hottest, they also
have a tremendous amount of other research I used to pay my broker a
fortune to obtain. This site is free. You can even set up screens and have
their search engines scan thousands of stocks in their database to
pre-select candidates for you.

What I do, after I have compiled a list of stocks in which I am interested
, is to add them to my study.TLS folder, download them, then eyeball the
charts for any that seem to have the type of explosive volatility I seek.

Then, I delete any of the stocks not satisfying my eyes, and run AmiBroker
evaluations on the rest, employing the AFL's you and all the rest of you
great programmers have posted for the group.

For each of the stocks I am going to keep for further study or exploration,
I make a note on the chart screen which of the AFL's works the best (as
determined by backtesting), then continue to run with that on nightly
downloads until I get a signal.

I constantly cull out stocks which are in lengthy sideways trading patters,
exactly the ones followers of the Alligator system should be watching.

Best regards,

Nate

PS Will you do me a favor? I am at a cyber cafe which will not accept the
amibroker@xxxx address. While this reply is to you particularly, I
have included some info I think might be of use for newer investors. Would
you, please, post this to the main group for me? Thanks.