Re: [amibroker] Anyone for a Demand Index?

Steve,

The Demand Index formula I posted to metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx uses the
Metastock builtin functions Buyb() and Sellp() for Buying Pressue (BP) and
Selling Pressure (SP) respectively and it produces an identical plot to the
Metastock builtin Demand Index function (which I would assume is correct as
per J.Sibbet).

Not wishing to be too picky but I should point out for correctness sake that
the BP and SP calculations in your AFL will not return exactly the same
values as MS Buyp() and Sellp() functions. The AFL DI plot therefore , while
extremely similar, will not be identical to Sibett's Demand Index (this
shows up most at extreme values).

If you are monitoring "metastockusers" list I am currently awaiting reply
from Equis on details of Demand Index calculation which should explain the
Sibbet calculation of Buyp() and
Sellp() and will post back on receipt.

John