>From:
Steve Wiser

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Workspaces
Yes I could use group assignments but this way I do not
have to do all the reassigning after importing which make things a lot
simpler to me.   And the follow-on stocks sets are those which I
may not want to keep for every or follow for very long so to get rid of
them only thanks a delete from within windows of the local subdirectory.
It is the flexibility of Amibroker which makes both ways
work.SteveAt 08:20 AM 5/13/01 +0200, you
wrote:>Hello,>>Steve: the idea sounds nice but thereis
some (a lot) of copy/delete work>required if want to do
so.>Every stock data are stored in a separate file within the
workspace>and you have to move them by hand since there is no toolin
AmiBroker>that can make it easier.>>BTW: Don't you think
that you can use Groups assignments for things you>want to
do?>>Best regards,>Tomasz
Janeczko>===============>AmiBroker - the comprehensive share
manager.><<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com><A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com>>>-----
Original Message ----->From: "Steve Wiser"
<slwiserr@xxxx>>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 10:42
PM>Subject: [amibroker] Workspaces>>>Hello
All:>>I had wondered just how I might put to use the flexibility
of the workspace>concept that is used in Amibroker.  I came up
with a use for it>today.  While using one of my tools that
produces different sets of stocks>lists for various issues I thought
that maybe I could have a workspace for>each difference set of stocks
(universes).  One set of stocks are those>that are beaten down
that have strong fundamentals.  Another is a set of>stocks that
are trending very fast now with good fundamentals.
Using>workspaces I can produce an area that has each list completely
independent>of the others. This is real neat since I don't like to
import stocks and>have  to go into the general listing and have to
move them around all the>time.  With each new set of picks, I
simply create a new workspace till>that set of picks gets replacedwith
a new set and then I can simply delete>the original set.  Even
thought I have my primary workspace (largest) this>use of the
additional ones makes checking out smaller, similar stocks very>easy
without having to clutter up my main space with those that I will
be>checking only for a short
time.>>SteveYour
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.