From: "Steve Wiser" <slwiserr@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 10:42 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Workspaces

Hello All:

I had wondered just how I might put to use the flexibility of the workspace
concept that is used in Amibroker. I came up with a use for it
today. While using one of my tools that produces different sets of stocks
lists for various issues I thought that maybe I could have a workspace for
each difference set of stocks (universes). One set of stocks are those
that are beaten down that have strong fundamentals. Another is a set of
stocks that are trending very fast now with good fundamentals. Using
workspaces I can produce an area that has each list completely independent
of the others. This is real neat since I don't like to import stocks and
have to go into the general listing and have to move them around all the
time. With each new set of picks, I simply create a new workspace till
that set of picks gets replaced with a new set and then I can simply delete
the original set. Even thought I have my primary workspace (largest) this
use of the additional ones makes checking out smaller, similar stocks very
easy without having to clutter up my main space with those that I will be
checking only for a short time.

Steve