>From:
Steve Wiser

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Anyone for a
Demand Index? Logic Behind the Demand Index
Hello All again:Per the metastock help file the
following is the logic or interpretation of the demand
index:_____________________The Demand Index, developed by James
Sibbet, combines price and volume in such a way that it is often a leading
indicator of price change.  The Demand Index calculations are too
complex, however, for this text.  The calculations require 21-column
accounting paper to calculate manually.  MetaStock uses a slight
variation on the Sibbet's original Index so that the Index is displayed on
a "normal" y-axis scale.  The author's Index is plotted on a scale
labeled +0 at the top, 1 in the middle, and -0 at the bottom.
MetaStock uses a scale from +100 to -100.  Other than the difference
in y-axis labeling, the indicator is calculated exactly as designed by its
author.AND:There are six "rules" to the Demand
Index:·       A divergence between the
Demand Index and the price trend suggests an approaching weakness in
price.·       One more rally to new highs
usually follows an extreme peak in the Demand Index (the Index is
performing as a leading indicator).·
Higher prices with a lower Demand Index peak usually coincides with an
important top (the Index is performing as a
coincidental
indicator).·       The Demand Index
penetrates the level of zero indicating a change in trend (the Index is
performing as a lagging
indicator).·       When the Demand Index
stays near the level of zero for any period of time, a weak price movement
that will not last long is indicated.·
A large long-term divergence between prices and the Demand Index indicates
a major top or
bottom._________________________________Hopefully this comes
close to the MS indicator.SteveAt 03:10 PM 5/12/01 -0400,you
wrote:>Hello All:>>I hope you enjoy this
one.>>It is set up as an exploration, system and
indicator.>>I found this one on the Metastock Egroup user group
board "Metastockusers">and thought it might be interesting. I hopeyou
do also.Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.