Re: String operation

Hi Tomasz!

Great! Thank you very much. What a nice Idea to use a function
returning a number!

I absolutely agree with saving on redundand "Write()".
How about eliminating WriteVal () as well? A numeric variable, or the
current element of an array variable can be automaticaly converted to
a string if it appears in context of a string operation. WriteVal()
will be still required if a number/vector is the first item to be
printed. (This is JAVA concept of automatical call of toString()).
Examples:
" myvalue = " + myvalue; // the same as " myvalue = " + writeval
(myvalue);
but
WriteVal (myvalue) + " is myvalue" ; // Writeval is required here.

Thanks,
Dima.

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dima,
>
> Yes, there is a way. Simply assign a value inside the function that
gets
> string but returns number (and discard the return value)
> as show in the example below:
>
> assigwithprint = "Test 1";
> strlen( assignwithoutprint = "Test 2" );
>
> Q: why texts are written automatically?
> A: to save you the time writing "Write() or PRINT" in every line of
the commentary,
> and because assignments in AFL work similar to C++ (they have a
value,
> so constructs like a = b = c = d = 1 work) the string is
displayed as it would be without the assignment.

> ISWITCH - postponed to 3.7.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

enhancement...