>From:
Dima
Rasnitsyn
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 1:02
PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Damage
Control

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>Nate,
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>Thank
you very much for sharing your experience.
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>What
would be your advise for a beginning Commodity trader with [the standard]
$5000 on the account? You can rarely (if at all) find a futures trade with the
risk of less then $400 per contract (unless you day trade), According to your
formula one should not take the trades with more then $100
risk&#8230;
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>I was
considering Larry Williams&#8217; money management recommendation (&#8216;Day Trade
Futures Online&#8217;) of
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
contracts = Account Value * 0.12 / (maximum drawdown per contract), i.e. risk
no more then 12% on the trade.
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>I will
very appreciate your comments.
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>BTW,
are there many futures traders on the list? <SPAN
> I can share my 50Kb AFL code forthe
trading system based on Larry Williams Volatility breakout Oops!, Smash Day
Reversal, and other techniques. I am not sure those techniques are good for
stocks&#8230;
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>Thanks,
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN
>Dima.
<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Arial color=navy
size=2><SPAN

<FONT face=Tahoma color=black
size=2><SPAN
Message-----From: Dr.S.
Nathan Berger [mailto:snberger@xxxx]<SPAN
>Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 6:39
AMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCc:
snberger@xxxx<SPAN
>Subject: [amibroker] Damage
Control
<FONT face="Times NewRoman"
size=3><SPAN

<FONT face="Courier New"
color=black size=2><SPAN
>Essentially,
Damage Control is this: Research shows the maximum amount
you<SPAN
>can
lose on any single trade without damaging your long-term
investmentcapital is 2% of your equity. So, if you have an
account of, say,$20,000.00, then you can risk no more than
$400.00 on any given trade. BTW,2% is aggressive. 1% to 1 1/2% is
more conservative.Here is how to apply the rule in
determining how many contracts or sharesto
buy:Let's say you see an opportunity in ABC Widget Co. (ABC).
Using whateversystem to determine the entry point, say $30.00,
and the stop loss exitpoint, say $28.00. This means you are
risking $2.00 per share of ABC.2% of your investment "nest
egg" of $20,000.00 = $400.00. At $2.00 pershare, you can afford
to buy no more than 200 shares of ABC.If you find an
opportunity to purchase a contract on, say, lumber, at$250.00
risk, you can only trade 1 contract; if the risk is $150.00
percontract, you can afford to purchase 2
contracts.I know-  you're thinking you can never get
rich using such tightlimitations. Truth is, you can get rich, BUT
IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME! Thekey is realizing that you can make
money in the markets only as long as youare playing. When you're
out of money, you're OUT OF THE GAME. If you finda deal that
exceeds these limits, pass on it. It pays great dividends towait
for trade opportunities that permit tight stops.Hope this
helps...Nate Berger<FONT
color=black><BR
><BR
><FONT
color=black><SPAN
><FONT
face="Courier New" color=black size=2><SPAN
>Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of
Service.