Re: [amibroker] Re: Wiliam Alligator AFL

Hi,

Yes indeed, PREV has a big performance penalty and I would like
to avoid it (that's why it is not available in AFL).
I am currently thinking on providing functions that will be able
to replace PREV in many cases while retaining the speed of AFL.
I belive that it can be done.

For example AMA (Adaptive Moving average) and AMA2 are provided
to do things that would require PREV in Metastock.

More time-variant functions will probably decrease the number of
cases where PREV is really needed.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com