Re: Re: [amibroker] Help

David,

The link I sent you is exactly that ie a breakdown of which
stocks which make up each and every index.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----From:
David Holzgrefe <<A
href="">dtholz@xxxx>To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<<A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: [amibroker]
HelpThanks Geoff from memory the used to have a further
break down of whichstocks made up the indicethe link used to be
www.tradingroom.com.au/investments/I email them there replyDearMr
HolzgrefeThis feature is temporarily unavailable on the site. Our
technical team iscurrenlty investigating the possibility of having this
feature reinstated.RegardsTrading Room.not to worry it just
means a little for rearching ...lol that will teach mefor not keeping the
info from the first timeRegard David----- Original
Message -----From: "u7351a@xxxx"
<gmulhall@xxxx>To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent:
Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:17 PMSubject: RE: Re: [amibroker]
Help> David,>> It's all still there and it is the
best source I know of.>> Try this link>>
www.tradingroom.com.au/markets/index.jsp>> Geoff>>
Original Message:> -----------------> From: David Holzgrefe
dtholz@xxxx> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:26:06 +1000>To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [amibroker]
Help>>> Thanks for the post Geoff, looks interesting will
delve into it more nextweek .> it did remind that i hadn't redone my
releative strength info after thereload of ami...>> can you
recommend a good source of sector info as tradingroom.com.au> has had a
revamp and i cant find the listings  .>>   -----
Original Message ----->   From: Geoff
Mulhall>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 9:44 PM>   Subject: [amibroker]
Help>>>   G'day,>>
Below is some AFL code I've written to scan for stocks starting to meetthe
criteria as set out in Stan Weinstein's book 'The Secrets of Profitingin
Bull or Bear Markets'.>>   To use it you must have your
industries, sectors and indices set upcorrectly in
Ami.>>   The code picks stocks to go long on - not
stocks to short.>>   Also it picks stocks as they enter
Stage 1 not as they enter Stage 2. Soit's intended to create a watch list
not to be a system. I've not includedvolume as a criteria - I need to
understand how OBV works.>>   If you just want stocks as
they enter Stage 2 the line marked /* Modify*/ would need to be changed
to>>   cond2 = close > ma(close,maLong) AND close
> open;>>   maLong and maShort can be modified to
suit. The lower the maShort valuethe more aggressive the Trade. maLong is
probably best left at 150 - butcould be changed according to the market
being traded.>>   dollars is the size of the trade and
is to ensure sufficient liquidity -this is a personal
criteria.>>   Now I have a couple of questions to those
interested.>>   1. This code checks that the stock is
out performing its sector but doesnot check the sector is outperformingthe
market. Can AFL cater to this also? If so how ?>>
2. If the exrem statement is uncommented less stocks are reported asbuys
than with it removed. exrem appears to remove more than just duplicatebuy
signals. I'm obviously missing something.>>   3. How
does on balance volume work ? I'd just like to add a check thatwhite candle
days are of higher volume than black candle days over the pastweek for
example.>>   Any ideas
appreciated,>>
Geoff>>>   /* Stan Weinstein Buy Criteria  -
Afl implementation by Geoff Mulhall18/4/2001 */>>
dollars = 5000;>>   maLong = 150;>
maShort = 13;>   maRelStr = 2;>>   /*
sufficient liquidity ie share purchased less than 2% of
weeklyvolume*/>>   cond1 = dollars/close <0.02 *
sum(volume,maLong)/(maLong/5);>>   /*close above MAand
a Stage 4 stock */>>   cond2 = close >
ma(close,maShort) AND close > open AND close <ma(close,maLong);
/* Modify */>>   /* gradient of the moving average is
increasing or has levelled */>>   cond3 =
(ma(close,maShort) - ref(ma(close,maShort), -1))  >=
0;>>   /* beginning to trend over the last 2 days
*/>>   cond4 = low > ref(low,-1) AND ref(low,-1)
>= ref(low,-2);>>   /* gradient of the relative
strength is increasing  */>>   cond5 =
ma(relstrength(""),maRelStr)
>=ref(ma(relstrength(""),maRelStr), -1 *
maRelStr);>>   buy = cond1 AND cond2 AND cond3 AND cond4
AND cond5;>>   sell = 0;>>   /*
buy = exrem(buy,sell); */>   /* sell = exrem(sell,buy);
*/>>>
Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>>         Click
Here to Find Software Faster>>>   Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.>>>