>From:
Cloonan

To: <A
href=""
title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 4:12
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker]
RELSTRENGTH
GeoffI got the same result until I put the index
itself into the bankingindustry - which then gave me the flat line.
I assume it is otherwisecomparing the index to the default relstrength
index (in my case XAO).I have now removed index assigned from the
banking industry as it iscomparing comparing the performance of the XBF
and the All Ordinaries (mydefault index)- a useful
comparison.regardsRichardTo get the expected flat
line you need to put the index itself----- Original Message
-----From: "Geoff Mulhall" <gmulhall@xxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 1:38
PMSubject: Re: [amibroker] RELSTRENGTHG'day,I have XBF
as the index for Banking setup in Ami for that Ami Industry.I have an
indicator (Thanks to David H & Tomasz) - graph0 =
RELSTRENGTH("");showing in a window.When I click on XBF and view
its chart - I don't get a horizontal straightline graph as I would expect
when I compare the index to itself.I must be doing something
wrong.I do have scaling set to Automatic and grid lines set to
limitAny ideas
?Thanks,Geoff  ----- Original
Message -----  From: Cloonan  To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 7:46
AM  Subject: Re: [amibroker] RELSTRENGTH
Tomasz,  Thanks - I had the feeling I was missing something.(now
I have something  new to play with)  regards
Richard  ----- Original Message -----  From: "Tomasz
Janeczko" <tj@xxxx>  To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 6:54
AM  Subject: Re: [amibroker] RELSTRENGTH  > Hi
Richard,  >  > It works that way!
>  > If you specify an empty string as an argument
> RelStrength("");  >  > AmiBroker will use base
stock defined in Categories/Markets  >  > Best
regards,  > Tomasz Janeczko  >
===============  > AmiBroker - the comprehensive share
manager.  > <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com
From: "Cloonan" <cloonan@xxxx>  > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  > Sent: Saturday, March 17,
2001 9:31 AM  > Subject: Re: [amibroker] RELSTRENGTH
>  >  > > Tomasz,  > >
> > To follow on from Geoff's original request.  >
>  > > My understanding is that at the present it is only
possible to use  > > RelStrength() against a single index as in
your example below which  compares  > > it to the
Australian All Ordinaries (XAO).  What could be useful would  be
to  > > allow a comparison against say each stock's industry
index.  > >  > > It seems to me that we just
need some variables which carry therelevant  > > industry
& sector index names that we can reference. This capability
seems  > > to be an implied in the Categories window where
indexes can be set for  > > markets, groups  and
industries.  > >  > > Have I missed the point on
these assignments?  > >  > > regards
> > Richard  > >  > >  > >
----- Original Message -----  > > From: "Tomasz Janeczko"
<tj@xxxx>  > > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  > > Sent: Saturday, March
17, 2001 6:40 PM  > > Subject: Re: [amibroker]
RELSTRENGTH  > >  > >  > > Hi
Geoff,  > >  > > 1. Yes you can, but please
remember about two things:  > >   a) RelStrength()
function needs an index ticker to compare to, for  example
> > "XAO" (ASE all ordinaries index)  > >   b)
RelStrength() values are not normalized, so they are
differentfor  each  > > stock. This means that you
can only get  > >       resonable
results if you check for rising/falling RelStrength or  if
> > you detect a new high or new low.  >
>       Absolute levels (such as 1) do not
work.  > >  > > 2. Use graph1 = RelStrength(
"XAO" ); to generate relative strength of  > > currently
selected stock compared to the index.  > >  > >
3. Comparative Relative Strength is calculated by simply DIVIDING
the  > > closing price of currently selected stock by the
closing  > >    price of BASE stock (usually an
RELSTRENGTH = CLOSE / CLOSE_OF_BASE_STOCK;  > >  >
>  > > Best regards,  > > Tomasz
Janeczko  > > ===============  > > AmiBroker -
the comprehensive share manager.  > > <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com  >
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  > >   Sent: Friday, March
16, 2001 10:48 AM  > >   Subject: [amibroker]
RELSTRENGTH  > >  > >  >
>   G'day Tomasz,  > >  >
>   Can you assist with the following please ?  >
>  > >   1. Can I use  RELSTRENGTH in anAuto
Analysis over a selectedindustry  > > (using a filter to
choose the industry) to return all those stockswith
say  > > ma(relative strength(), 30) > 1 say ? (Assuming I
have set up the base  > > indices correctly of
course).  > >  > >   2. If not, can I
plot the relative strength in a separate chartwindow  >
>  > >   graph1 = RELSTRENGTH(); - doesn't work
because there is no argument  for  > > the
ticker.  > >  > >   3. Would you have
a reference you could point me at on RELSTRENGTH.  (I'm
> > wanting to use it to create a watch list as per Weinsteins 'Secrets
of  > > Profiting in Bull & Bear Markets') so I want to
understand how  RELSTRENGTH  > > is calculated in
AmiBroker.  > >  > >   Thanks
again,  > >  > >   Geoff
> >  > >  > >   RELSTRENGTH
SYNTAX  relstrength( "tickername" )  >
>         RETURNS ARRAY
> >         FUNCTION
Calculates relative strength of currently selected  > >
security compared to "tickername" security  >
>         EXAMPLE relstrength(
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor  > >  >
>         Click Here to Find
Software Faster  > >  > >  >
>   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Termsof
Service=Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.