Re: Event Date

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Barry,
>
> Use the following formula to find the all-time highest and display
its value and date:

> alltimehigh = LastValue( Highest( high ) );
> alltimehighbar = ValueWhen( high == alltimehigh, Cum(1) );

Tomasz: Valuewhen in the manual has a third term which I presume can
be omitted? Is this correct?
> alltimeyear = ValueWhen( high == alltimehigh, Year() );
> alltimemonth = ValueWhen( high == alltimehigh, Month() );
> alltimeday = ValueWhen( high == alltimehigh, Day() );
>
> "All time highest was " + WriteVal( alltimehigh );
> "on the " + WriteVal( alltimeyear, 1 ) + "." + WriteVal(
alltimemonth, 1 ) + "." + WriteVal( alltimeday, 1 );

Tomasz: You have added another term into the writeval function -
writeval(array,n). The manual hasn't got this in as far as I can
see. It appears to give a whole number instead of 3 decimal places.
Do we have any other choices? - other numbers don't appear to change
the outcome. Could you please update the manual if this is true.

> /* Draw also a vuy arrow on highest day */
> buy = high == alltimehigh ;
> sell = 0;
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

Guru