Re: [amibroker] scaling

Hi,
<BLOCKQUOTE

<FONT
face=Tahoma size=1>
Hi Tomasz,
following my quesrtion the other night re a
button to show price graph in full screen mode ..

I have been thinking as to what scaling ami use's
in its chart lay out ..no doubt there is a standard ratio ?

other wise you can easily get a distorted view of
trend strength, eg the rise/fall  of the price trend would look
stronger/weaker  depending on scaling ?

Not exactly. All the programs I know use automatic
scaling so that the chart is displayed to fill up the display
area.
Otherwise (with fixed scaling ration) thegraph
will use only a small part of the display area making it harder to
analyse.
Or.. it could not fit in the available
space.
So AmiBroker does the same, it calculatesthe best
possible scaling for given stock so the chart fills up available window
area.

The trend is not distorted in any way, because the
trend is relative to each stock. But yes - the slope can seem to be
steeper than it actually is:-) The key isto check
percentage changes.

Best regards,Tomasz Janeczko===============AmiBroker - the
comprehensive share manager.<A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com