Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker questions

Hello Jack and All,

> Dear Tomasz,
> Keep up the good work with AmiBroker... I think that
> it's a very good
> product, which get even better!
Thank you.

> I have two questions.
> 1) I have constructed my own indicator with the
> indicator builder (excellent
> tool). I have put the results into graphN. How do I
> get it displayed on the
> main panel, along with everything else?
Currently you can not overlay custom indicators over main (price chart).
This feature is considered however for the future.
As a workaround you can add to your custom indicator candlestick chart
and/or moving averages and/or bollinger bands.
Lets say that you have got your indicator defined:
graph0 = some_calculation_here;
then you can add candlestick chart using
graph1 = close;
graph1style = 64;
graph1color = 1;
and moving average
graph2 = ma( close, 15 );
graph2style = 1;

For more details on using custom indicators/styles please consult the following:
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/02-2000.html (Tip of the week: Using graph styles, colors and titles in Indicator Builder )
and
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/03-2000.html (Tutorial on working with custom indicators)

> 2) I have coded up a system in the automatic analysis
> module (superb - and,
> as previously discussed,I hope will get even better in
> the next few
> versions). This system is based on a specifc price
> pattern of the last two
> days. How do I get the AmiBroker to scan all my
> stocks, and report to me any
> potential buy or sell signals?
> Thans again for all your assistance.
Just enter your formula in Automation Analysis "Formula" field.
Then set Apply to: "All stocks" (eventually limit date range)
and click "Scan" to get the list of all signals generated or "Back test" to
test your system historical performance.
The result list will show the signals or trades generated by your system.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko.